View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckes View Post
So I do, but this does not work when entering new actions in the projects or context views. You still need to hit <return> several times. I would like to see a shortcut here, and for it to be the same shortcut as in the quick entry panel.
I don't get the "several" bit. The most I can come up with is hitting <return> twice--once to select a proposed context quick-pick and again to leave editing mode. The first <return> keypress confirms the quick-pick. After the quick-pick, editing mode for the item remains active so one can tab to the next cell. Also note, that you can press <esc> at any time to leave editing mode, as in OmniOutliner. So you already have a one keypress way to leave editing mode.

Of course, <esc> is the key to cancel the QuickEntry bezel, which is a problem.

It seems that the issue comes down to this. In QuickEntry, a new item behaves exactly like in OF proper. But once you leave editing mode within QE, then the bezel behaves like a standard dialog with <return> for confirm and <esc> for cancel. So an inadvertent extra press of <esc> can toss out your new action. (This behavior can be changed with preferences. Perhaps its safest to turn off the esc-to-cancel preference. I think it is off by default.)

Curt