View Single Post
I'm not sure that I agree that MobileMe isn't the problem, but I agree that there are only finite resources, and focusing on the app should be priority one.

My experience with MobileMe isn't as good as yours is. It actually effects not only the iphone sync, but also the idisk sync of the omnifocus database. When turning on my laptop, I will frequently experience something like this:

1. Laptop comes on, idisk starts syncing.
2. Sit and watch omnifocus file "sync" for a full minute.

The problem is realized a minute later when working in OF and it disappears and updates itself, making me wonder what happened. MobileMe should be a "zero-config" type of setup, and as a user, I don't want to spend time figuring out some complicated solution. I think OF is marketed as taking advantage of the convenience of MobileMe, but I seem to come across a lot of posts that don't seem to realize that convenience.

Since the webdav setup was trivial and takes up little resources, I thought the idea of a dedicated machine on Omni's site that is dedicated to this *might* be a solution worth looking into, as it could be built into the program and made easier for the end user to setup and experience.

Oh well, maybe I'm the only one having less-than-stellar experience with the idisk sync, so the problem is mine and not others.

Either way - happy holiday's everyone!