View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibob View Post
I want to create a Perspective that is an ad hoc list of Actions, and that is not based (at least not strictly) on due date, Context, etc. Primarily I want to to see things that I wish to accomplish on a Saturday (or this weekend).
Have you dedicated your use of the flags to other purposes?

Are your ad hoc lists primarily the next actions in a handful of projects? Would it offend you to see more items that you didn't hand-select? You could make a throwaway perspective showing the projects from which your ad hoc list of actions would be drawn. Use the focus command to limit the scope to literally just those projects and you can flip back and forth into context mode and just work what you see.

Quote:
TWO METHODS I'M LOOKING AT

1) I created a SAL that I call: "Today, soon". I use the Notes field of the SAL.

1a) I type in things I want to get done. Disadvantage: The things I type are redundant with OF Actions.

1b) I open two windows, one with the SAL and the cursor placed in the Notes field, then drag Actions of interest into the Notes field as aliases. Disadvantages: A) Kludgy; requires careful dragging of Actions (if there is a mouse-up during the drag, the Notes field loses focus and the Action can't be dragged into the Notes field as an alias (I have an enhancement request in to allow the Notes field to 'open up' when an Action is dragged over it)), and it requires two windows to be jockeyed. B) When Actions are clicked on, they show up, but so do other Actions from the same Project or SAL.
In 1a), you're just using the SAL to hold a note listing everything you want to do?

On occasion, I'll do something similar to 1b), except I'll drag the items into a TextEdit document, which allows the links to work to get back to the original item, and is a bit easier to populate. Just go down your list of available actions cmd-clicking on the ones you want, then do copy and paste into the TextEdit doc. Click on each item in the TextEdit doc as you do it to get taken directly to the corresponding OF action to check it off, then delete it from the TextEdit document if you want.

Quote:
2) Tagging. I'm thinking of tagging Actions with something that wouldn't likely otherwise show up, like: "•••". Then have a Perspective that shows these items (and of course I can further use filtering for "Available", etc.) I could later do a search and replace to clean things up.
One potential disadvantage to this is that it updates the last changed date/time on each action you tag, regardless of whether or not you made any progress. Otherwise, it should work.