View Single Post
Hi Melisa, after posting and reading the forums, I was also able to further tweak my original workflow.

This is how I have it now:

On my weekly review:

1- I select all projects that I will work on this week (using the perspective I outlined at the beginning of this thread.

2- I flag the actions that I will do this week. So I renamed my "Daily" perspective with flagged tasks to be My Weekly Task, again, made up of flagged items.

3- Out of my weekly tasks, I assign a "5 minute" time duration to those that I will do today. This list became my "To Do Today" perspective.

The reason I am finding this "to do today" so nice is because, contrary to using flags for "today", If I, lets say I have a task to call a client today. That task was flagged (to do this week) and also assigned 5minutes duration, to do today. If the client is not there and I did not want to leave a message but want to call him another day during the week, I just take the 5minute time duration and the flag remains. This will allow this task to remain in my "radar" for the week, rather than falling back to a huge pool of tasks.

Hope that helps.

Edward