View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animgif View Post
Is there a reason the "export" and "email" options are different? I regularly want to put my outlines in PDF format for sharing with colleagues so I have to email a dynamic HTML to myself and then open that PDF in a PDF Creator app from my inbox and then email the PDF from there. It would be a lot easier for my workflow to just export the HTML file directly to PDF Creator instead of having to do the interim step.
I'm not seeing different options: "Send via Mail", "Export" [to a server], and "Send to App" all list the same five format options for me: OmniOutliner, OPML, Dynamic HTML, Simple HTML, and Plain Text.

When we add support for exporting as PDF it will also show up in those lists, but we haven't written that code yet. (It's more complicated than the other formats because we have to try to make good decisions about splitting arbitrarily wide and long content across fixed-size pages. We do support PDF export in OmniGraffle, OmniGraphSketcher, and OmniPlan, where those decisions are more obvious.) Not that we don't plan to add that support—it's just that automatic document syncing is a higher priority.