View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
OK, it turns out the problem isn't related to the 3GS, it's simply a bug with setting up syncing for the first time in OmniFocus 1.5 on iPhone OS 3.0. It doesn't happen all the time, but I was able to reproduce it in one out of three tries on my iPod touch.

The good news is that now that we've figured out how to reproduce the problem (at least once in a while), we've come up with a workaround (which we've also added to our FAQ):
I tried this and it didn't work. The only consistent fix I've found is to turn the firewall completely off (allow all incoming connections) before attempting to sync using Bonjour/mac. I'd added OF to the exception list by clicking on the application found on the Mac - if there's another way to get the appropriate exception into the list, I don't know it, but would like to.

Edit: 4/30 - Now syncing fine, even w/o allowing "all access" at firewall, and without having to put iphone into Airplane Mode.

Edit: 5/5 - Once again, wouldn't sync until I allowed "all access" at firewall, then sync'd fine.

Last edited by macdaddy; 2010-05-05 at 08:56 AM..