View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vramin View Post
I'm with you, the list is a lot more useful. Dropping into the map every time was throwing me off since there really isn't much you can do with it at that point.
Tap on a red pin for a location, you get a popup showing the name of the context associated with the pin and the number of available actions there. Tap the button on the left end and you get a map showing you the route to get there (like clicking the distance button in the list view). Tap the button on the right end and you get the list view of the actions available in that context.

Quote:
I get that locations really only make sense when mapped to contexts, but there is one exception: Errands. It would be great if you could set a location on an action item if it is something you need to buy at a certain store. I guess the workaround is to make a subcontext for each location and set them there.
I guess I don't see how that is an exception, but no matter. If you have something you want to buy at a particular store (or class of stores), that's an action that has a context which is the location of that store. That seems no different to me than a task which must be done at your office, or in your garage, except that there might be multiple places where you can act on it. Contexts are cheap; some people seem resistant to the notion that having a bunch of them can make their life easier, but this seems like an obvious example. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to make a context with a location for a one-time errand that needed to be done in a certain place. Easily deleted when you complete the action if you don't want to see it any longer.