View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
You can get the same functionality in Context Mode
No, you can't.

I'm a top-down planner (TDP), not a GTD guy. Part of TDP is the idea of "chunking," which means grouping together related items so you don't have long lists that are difficult to remember. The idea is to break up a list into at least two chunks once it has more than a few items on it. Some people say seven items, some say five or nine. You can also chunk together related items to make your actions more purpose oriented.

You can't chunk in context mode. In order to manage action using chunking, you have to work in Planning Mode.

The OmniFolks have been kind enough to implement a number of top-down features already. I hope they continue to make it easier for TDP'ers to use OF.

Splitting projects across dates to accurately represent when each of the actions are due is not only helpful for top-down planning, it's a more accurate representation of the data.

It would look like this:

The OmniFolks are smart. I'm sure they would implement it as a preference toggle, so you could turn it off, and I could turn it on.

As I said, I encourage everyone to "Send Feedback" from the Help menu and ask for Project Splitting across dates.

(If you want to continue the conversation, send me a PM and let's not waste others' bandwidth.)

Keep smiling.

.:popcornFlix:.