View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
So I set up a local webdav server on OS X 10.4 using Manas' directions on his blog. It seems to be working. I can mount it locally with the finder and move a file into it or out of it. I can also mount it from a different computer, both on the LAN and over the internet in an SSH tunnel.

But when I tried to do an OF sync with it, it said that the sync had failed. And when I look in the WebDav volume, I see a folder with the following name:

OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-kQxc0HuXvA8

Also, when I enter the webdav url into my browser, I get the following error:

"You don't have permission to access /omnisync/ on this server."

Any thoughts on this? I seem to remember somebody saying something about some extra sync logging you can turn on. But now I can't find that.

Could there still be some sort of a permissions problem I'm missing in the server config?

JL
It took me a while, but I finally remembered what the problem was that caused me to get the 502 error with my 10.4.11 setup last month. In your configuration file, you need to have a ServerName <name> directive that matches the hostname you are using in your address. The easiest thing to do is to use whatever your machine reports to the hostname command in the Terminal, which can also be gotten by looking at the Sharing preferences panel in System Preferences, right underneath the computer name. Update the configuration file to have that ServerName directive, restart the webserver, make sure you use the same name in your URL and it should work.