Thread: OO Pro 4.0?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Long delayed, but definitely not dead. Original plan was OmniPlan 1.0, then OmniOutliner 4. And then came the shift to Intel processors, which required us to update all the apps. Then the iPhone. Also, iPad. Didn't really seem like we could sit those ones out, you know?

(OmniFocus, that one we brought on ourselves. But there are folks out there that depend on it just as much as you do on OmniOutliner, so I can't say I regret the decision. There's also a lot of code overlap, so OO will benefit from a lot of the work that went into OF.)

In any case, a totally understandable frustration; just wanted to provide a bit of explanation as to why it's taken so long. :-)
Hi Brian,

I know we are sounding like a broken record, and I know you guys said you don't want to tell us what the date is because you don't want to disappoint us... but can you please give us some sort of estimate about when OO4 and OO for ipad will be out? For my own purposes, I need to know whether I can wait it out or I need to abandon OO and find another program that works on the ipad.

I'm not looking for anything specific, but some kind of estimate: Is it a few weeks? Are we talking months? The end of the year? Next year??

Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I did just register to post this, but that doesn't mean I haven't been using OO and lurking here for a while, I REALLY can't wait to see what you guys do with OO4 and the iPad version!