View Single Post
I have a task group 1.5.22 (find a duct fabricator) that I don't want to start until task 1.12.11 (install part of the flooring) is completed.

When I select the two items, regardless of which I select first, and regardless of if I choose Finish-Start (which makes sense if I'm selecting 1.12.11 first; but I have a feeling the selection order is irrelevant), 1.5.22 seems to always end up being a pre-requisite of 1.12.11.

I realize that I have more to learn about start times of tasks, etc., and have so far been resorting to using: "Reschedule incomplete tasks" frequently to not have any incomplete tasks showing up in the past, but …

Do I need to re-order the two items for this to work? The way I have things set up is task groups in the general order of planned project work, but in this case I need to install part of the flooring first, and the rest (and majority) of the flooring will be done after the duct work is complete. I'd rather keep the flooring and ducting groups intact, unless that will not work. Thanks.

Update: I just placed task group 1.5.22 after task 1.12.11, did Finish-Start, moved the task group back where it was, saw warnings, did "Reschedule incomplete tasks", and things seem to be how I want them, but I imagine there is a more straightforward method I'm overlooking.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2009-11-02 at 02:39 PM..