View Single Post
I really appreciate the many 1.7 enhancements to perspectives, in particular that they are now synced between computers (and may come to the iPhone some day...)

However, the removal of the "open in new window" setting is a setback for me: I recently created a number of "pop-up" perspectives that I am opening several times a day. Since these "pop-up" perspectives hide the sidebar and toolbar, they are really never meant to replace the contents of my main OF window! I have assigned these perspectives both to toolbar icons and keyboard shortcuts for quick access.

I really need a way to define that these perspectives are meant to appear in separate windows only, so I don't accidentally change the contents and settings of my main OF view. In 1.7 it appears I must either remember to press the Option key while clicking the toolbar icon, or remember to first open a new window with Option Command N before typing my perspective keyboard shortcut. Since only some of my perspectives are meant to be used in pop-up mode, I will never remember to do this right every time...