View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I'm completely with Ambi on this. I briefly tried Inbox last year and was immediately turned off by the restrictive, even annoying (for me anyway), workflow process. As Boris mentioned above, I think the GTD process is more about personal behavior change than enforcement through tools.

That behavior change will come if you want it to, and once it does, the GTD mindset and process will happen automatically and naturally. It just takes a little time to recondition your mind and unlearn old habits. :)
Yes, makes ense. So what I need is to use Inbox to help me get into the mindset (because I do need help, then OF after that. Or, better still, a choice of "structured" or "training", and "flexible" modes in OF.

David talks about approaching knowledge work like "pressing widgets" (I don't think it was widgets, but I can't remember, and all that Inbox does really is make the actual implementation of GTD like that - I don't have to think, I just have to follow orders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Just a question about the Spotlight "auto-inbox-collection": Does Midnight Inbox really collect every single email, bookmark, iCal event, note, file, etc. into a list for review in a single, GTD-style inbox? Don't you have some items that you wouldn't want included in a GTD inbox? For example, a file or calendar event that you've created yourself that doesn't require "inbox processing?" Surely, the app must allow you to filter what items get included otherwise it seems like it would just be overwhelming.
You can filter to a certain degree, especially by "new in the last....", and by location. It could do with more options though.

For e-mail it appears to only pick up new stuff in each accounts inbox, so you can filter by having rules move stuff before Inbox spots it. Not ideal, but helpful. For me though, I'd like to see everything, even if the process is as simple as "actionable?>No>ditch it" for most.

Anyway, I guess really I'm just asking for help making sure I really do collect and process EVERYTHING no matter where it comes from. That's where GTD is falling apart for me right now.