View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBerry View Post
Anyway, I guess really I'm just asking for help making sure I really do collect and process EVERYTHING no matter where it comes from. That's where GTD is falling apart for me right now.
For me the key to developing the habits was to make checklists for my reviews. These checklists helped me to remember to process every one of my in boxes.* I made these checklists in OmniOutliner. Partly because OF didn't exist at the time, but I've found having the review checklists in a separate app. makes it easier for me to bounce around in OF during the review.

My regular reviews are morning, evening, weekly, monthly, and bi-annually, with different things covered in different reviews. I put these reviews on my calendar until I developed the habit of doing them without prompting. (Truth be told, my evening review is still on my calendar after 2+ years of GingTD.) Snapshots of some of my review checklists are on the forums. I plan to blog about them one of these days.

* My current minimal set of in boxes: physical in box at home, physical inbox at work, in box folder in my laptop bag, voice memos on phone, and whiteboard marker on bathroom mirror.

Curt