View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JockM View Post
Because: I don't carry my iPad with me everywhere, all the time, like I do with my phone?
That about sums it up. I've got a laptop for real work, and an iPhone for fieldwork. No heavy lifting on the document when I'm doing actual heavy lifting. But synching and checking-marking completions... or just being able to review the [REDACTED] document would be useful.

Quote:
Right now, to me, OO is doing too little to justify the high cost.
Agreed. As in: it doesn't work on a device that I use.

Quote:
That being said, I will make this commitment though: If OmniOutliner supported Dropbox, and had a separate iPhone app, I would buy both gleefully so long as the iPhone all cost something in the $5-$10 range. I don't know if other people will, but I will.
I'd buy a $5 iPhone viewer and I'd shell out $10 if it let me check boxes. Adding or deleting simple text lines would be gravy.

Quote:
I would much rather be using OO, and am willing to pay a high premium for it. But if they aren't willing to meet me halfway and let me, then all the excuses in the world won't matter...
See, now you're just being argumentative. We've already got apologists explaining why "we can't" is a perfectly reasonable explanation from Omni.

I love OO, but after they dropped the ball on supporting the iDevice that came out first, and is in far more hands than the pad, it's pretty clear they've lost their Jobsian fire. Next up, expect to hear: "We can't make OO4 compatible with OO3 documents", then two paragraphs of weaksauce to justify why your work library won't be making the migration.

It's been a great run on the laptop and an astonishing disappointment in iOS. It'll be interesting to see what the future holds.