View Single Post
Hi, a country called England, ironically where the English Language originated, also originates as the location for the beginning of time as we know it, that is the Prime Meridian runs thru London GMT 0. As such the british date format is DD/MM/YY. Oddly this web forum an many others display only the US date format which i personally still find utterly perplexed by its illogical nature, anyways thats is another topic for discussion. IM curious, as to why we can change our time Zones yet we are stuck with the US date format display? Usually i can adapt to other americanisms such as the mutilation and inconsistency of English spellings, but to this day im still finding it completely unnatural and unable to learn your Month/Day format. As days are far more frequent than months i tend to ask what the day/date it is today rather than..oh what month is it again? lol example 9/8/2007 to me that is the 9th day of the 8th month (August). This has long since been a point of initial confusion.

Is it possible for the dates on the forums be displayed as per a user preferred format.

Better still can the US & A please change and conform to the british date format? While on the request please change imperial measurements to Metric as well ;-)

Thanks for your world conformity US & A ;-)