View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry for the confusion! Activating iCloud converts all of your existing calendars to server-side ones that OmniFocus can't sync with, but you can open iCal and select
File -> New Calendar -> On my Mac
to create a new local calendar for OmniFocus to sync to.

Going forward, we plan to continue to support exporting information to .ical files as part of the sync process. It's unclear whether the iCloud calendar web app can subscribe to external calendars, but we regard that as something Apple needs to address on their end.

We also plan to add Forecast view to the Mac app and add other features as needed to help folks be productive.

The calendar sync feature will eventually be removed, though, and we don't expect to replace it in a form that looks like it currently exists. It's used by a very small number of people, but it's among the top features that generate confusion among customers. (Measured in terms of the number of emails that get sent in about it.)
I tried doing this and it worked until I actually completed one of the tasks and tried to sync again. All of the tasks then disappeared from iCal. I guess now I will just use the Mac like I do the iPhone and iPad and use iCal just for appointments and OmniFocus for the tasks. Although I never marked the tasks completed in iCal or BusyCal, it was nice to see them in the calendar so I knew what was coming up. Hopefully Forecast will be added to the Mac OmniFocus soon. I love using Forecast on the iPad and iPhone. It is the screen I use the most.