View Single Post
This is something that I had to speak out on- I firmly believe that multiple contexts needs to allowed. Multiple contexts and not allowing sub-projects are what hinders some of the new GTD apps that are now popping up all over.

Whatever system is implemented by Omni doesn't have to be overly complex, but it does need to be flexible enough to allow for multiple contexts for any one item. For instance, I have a list of projects (with the individual items already marked with their specific contexts- call, email, etc.) and I want to go through and mark which projects to focus on for my next meeting. I would like to go through those projects and tag them as "for next meeting". This would be a temporary context and would not affect the existing contexts. I would think that this could probably be accomplished with a flat context list. A hierarchal list could have some nice applications but might not be necessary (I personally would like to see it implemented though).

Without seeing the UI for this it is hard to say whether or not a work around is possible in its current state. I am all for keeping it simple, but not at the price of losing functionality that I need in certain situations.

From all of the little bits I am able to gather, OmniFocus is shaping up to be my "DreamApp". I just hope that it comes before my current system blows up on me.

Jason