View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyn View Post
so i'm approaching it incrementally because it's the only practical way for me to learn it and also the only practical way i can implement, even if i already knew how to do it...

i can't speak for anyone else, but it is how things work for me...

your friend is lucky to have someone like you who is interested and willing to offer help... good luck to you both...
I had much the same experience, and agree with the suggested approach. Especially if there's some discrete chunk of your life that you can tease out so it is easier to instantly know whether that's something you're doing with the new system or the old. OmniFocus is very flexible, and I can't really think of any cases where you can get so stuck by making wrong choices that you have to start over, though certainly it is possible to do boneheaded things that will increase your workload. Trying it out with a small subset of your life allows you to get a feel for the program and the process without having to rework a huge pile of actions every time you make some sort of breakthrough.

Indeed, that friend is lucky -- people pay David Allen and his employees good money to have them provide that sort of coaching! One can learn an awful lot on this forum, but it can be time consuming and a bit overwhelming...