View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
I'm genuinely trying to understand your point ksrhee, but if you bought a Bentley and discovered that a Mini had a better build quality, would you feel the same way?

As previously stated, I'm not price sensitive but I've learnt a lot about myself from this and similar threads. I am, along with some others, value sensitive.

If Omni had priced, at say, three or four hundred bucks, or (God-forbid!) three or four thousand, at what point what would even the most loyal users have said "just not worth it"?

I have felt, and maybe I'm alone in this, that Omni has sold premium-priced iDevice Apps and then expected me to be a beta tester! If anyone wants to evaluate a comparison, and can afford it, take a look at iThoughts, TaskPaper or Carbon Fin's Outliner if you want to see what I was hoping Omni would exceed at 2x, 3x, 10x the price, not fail to match.

You're right Greg. I could have done that. I didn't because I've spent more on bad lunches and not asked for a refund. However, I am probably not going to repeat the scenario. It may be that Ken is sitting on a cash mountain and is flitting between the Hamptons, a chateau in France and a yacht moored somewhere in the South Pacific. Hopefully, in that case, for Member's who stick around, he'll maintain Omni as a hobby, even if the revenue stream dries up (due to a significant number of us not being concerned about what Omni charges as long as it's value-for-money)! :eek:
I thought I made myself clear, but apparently you still don't get the point. You and I have a different value perspective, and I'm fine with that as my previous post states, but it seems like you are not, and you are trying to preach to everyone yours is the correct one. If not, I apologize in advance, but that's the perception I'm getting from a number of posts you posted.

If Omni had priced OF at $100, then I would have to assess whether it's worth it. I have spent more than $50 on iPad task applications before Omni released theirs; so, I guess I might still feel that way at a higher price point if I thought Omni made something I want to use every day.

Also, as Greg said that you could have asked for a refund within first 30 days. If you bought a Bentley when you could be happy with a Mini, then you should trade it in, or return the Bentley and get a Mini if you thought the Mini offered a better value. Besides, it's not like someone had paid $250,000 for OF, it's $40. Last time I checked, I paid more than that for dinner for 2 at a local restaurant . . .

Let's move on.