View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
How do you use your inbox? An inbox in a software application can be very different from a physical inbox. Do you always want it visible?
My (computer) inbox functions to catch every scrap of thought or idea. Mostly this occurs in a setting where I do not have the time/energy at that moment to process it with task assignation, priority, etc. As a result, it tends to be pretty big. I look at it twice daily - at the start and at the finish - for processing. I would like a reference/link to the inbox to be always visible. A number in parenthesis to show the number of items would be nice but not a major need. But I emphatically want it visible only on command. (Keyboard command and the reference link.)

Quote:
If you mark an item in your inbox as complete and it has no project assigned, should it get filed away in a group of completed items with no project assigned? Is this something you would see yourself doing a lot?
Yes. Yes.

Quote:
Once you assign a project to an inbox item, should it immediately move out of the inbox or should it stay there until you move it manually? Maybe something like a process inbox command?
Yes.

Quote:
When entering items using QuickSilver or our Quick Entry dialog, do you expect all items to go into the inbox or should items with a project assigned bypass the inbox and go straight into the project?
For me, assigning a project is not the same as fully processing an item in the inbox. There are times when the item, on reflection, turns out to be a collection of items, or several sub tasks. I would prefer that it stay in the inbox until I move it to a project.

Peter