Thread: New perspective
View Single Post
I just set up a context based perspective to try the new iphone custom perspectives feature. I saw that there was much discussion in the sticky at the top of this forum, but that didn't seem like the place to ask my question. If I should have posted there, please feel free to move or let me know to repost.

I had just set up this arrangement to print a list to work with today at home and decided it would be a good candidate to try syncing a custom perspective to my iphone.

There are four contexts chosen for this perspective. They are my four home contexts. On my desktop (1.7.5) I get the following number of actions:
4, 12, 1, 0 (in the four different contexts).

On my iphone, in addition to those actions, there are also Projects showing in each of the contexts. For example, in the first context, in addition to the four actions that were supposed to be shown, there are four projects showing with right arrows, rather than flags. When I follow the right arrows, I see that two of the four projects are pulling the title of the project which it's already pulled the action for (Example: action shown - "find receipts" for toilet rebate, also shown project "apply for and get toilet rebate" and when I follow the right arrow I again get "find receipts") and the other two projects, when I follow the right arrow I find a flagged action that is NOT in the proper context (one is in an errand context, one is in an agenda context). In both cases of the later cases, the default context for the project is the one that it ended up in (on that custom perspective on the iphone.)

I haven't quite followed if these are to be filed as bugs or are known issues with this new features.

Back to working on my home context items from a printed list. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-01-17 at 11.27.32 AM.png
Views:	746
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1234