View Single Post
Hi guys,

So since using OmniFocus and GTD i've always been nestled at home in southern California, however for these next 2 months i'm in the random city of Xingtai in the somewhat northern part of China. This area is considered to be a small city, with a population of 6 million people. Though there are a lot of people through my eyes, the entire city looks to be under construction, with a KFC just opening up...and a McDonalds likely to open within the end of the year.

Needless to say, internet has been a problem. There are only two WiFi locations I know of in this entire city. First, at an internet WiFi Cafe, which has ridiculously slow WiFi. And secondly, at the house where i'm currently staying at (& typing this message).

The WiFi @ the internet cafe has its advantaged being slow, such as allowing me into the Mac App Store, and allowing me to access iPod jailbreak apps to allow me to download an app called "DisplayOut," which allows me to connect to my iPod Touch to external monitors at the local high school where i'll be teaching for these next 2 months, allowing me to show my students photos and videos of our American culture..

The benefit to the WiFi @ the house where i'm staying is that its faster and convenient, though i'm not allowed into the Mac App Store, nor numerous other sites you'd think would be allowed. The WiFi at this house is definately restricted, and I believe its because of the laws concerning internet and where you live. I've been told that in this city (and most in China) you can only have one computer connected to the internet in any single house, at any single time. The gray area comes into play when a huge house is filled with 5+ foreign teachers, all needing to get online. We have two WiFi networks, and to my standards back home, both networks here at incredibly slow...but faster than the WiFi at the Cafe Bar in town here.

Nevertheless....

Syncing OmniFocus is Important to Me

I can't successfully sync my OF from my Mac, or OF from my iPod...at all. At least, not in this Wifi network at home.

I'm not wondering (and hoping) that there is a manual way to sync both OF on my Mac and iPod.

I know I can share my settings from my Mac to iPod either via sharing settings over WiFi or Emailing myself the settings..

..But how would I go about sharing the iPod settings to my Mac at the end of the day, to keep everything in sync?

This is whats going on through my mind at the moment, yet I also can't help but wonder if its SwissDisk thats the problem...though I doubt it considering I can easily access the SwissDisk site from my web browser.

I'm in a pickle here and any help is grealy appreciated.