View Single Post
How difficult would it be to change the output of the due script, so that it breaks the items up as follows:

Due in the coming week

Less than x months Overdue

More than x months Overdue

Maybe this isn't relevant to a lot of people, but at least for me, the most immediately overdue items tend to be the most important ones for me to see. If a task is pretty stale, I may not feel I can delete it, but if it has sat for a long time it also may not be as urgently overdue as some of the newer tasks in the overdue list.

As things are presently constituted, if you have a rather long list of overdue items, as I am not so proud to say that I do, the most recent overdue items sort to the bottom of the list. If the list is long enough <g>, they aren't even visible on my screen, because the list runs off of it.

That being said, within a overdue in the last x month view, I wouldn't mind seeing the most overdue item first (as things are now).

I know that at a certain point, if one want lots of sorting and filtering options, one may as well just open up OF.

But between this script, hazel, dropbox, and simplenote, I think I may have a system that allows me to view my tasks other places (like on my android phone). So having a little more control over the organization would be helpful.