View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaatalla View Post
I was studying the perspectives you've listed and one thing caught my attention: you only have one perspective in project mode and it has the side bar hidden. Is it not confusing to browse through all your projects this way?
I didn't list all of my perspectives. For project planning I have a separate perspective that is like the built-in Project perspective, but only shows Active projects.

Quote:
Also, don't you have any Someday perspective?
No, I don't. I have an On-Hold Project Review perspective that I use during weekly reviews. It's just like my Active Project Review perspective, but it shows only on-hold projects. I keep my Someday/Maybe items in a separate OmniOutliner document.

Quote:
Regarding your routine (Morning review, to be more specific), you first review all actions and later you actually do them, right?
Right. A cardinal rule is to separate collecting from processing from doing. So, my inbox items get filed to the right context and project during the review. Any emails that take more than a few seconds to deal with get turned into OF actions. (Also, I do not review all available actions everyday, only the Urgent ones and the Important ones. I do a full action review weekly.)

Quote:
So, when is the actual time to do, which perspective do you use?
I use an Urgent perspective first. Once the fires are put out I use an Important perspective. Urgent is like my Urgent Radar perspective, but only shows available actions. Important is like the built-in Flagged perspective, but also only shows available actions. From those perspectives, I'll frequently double-click items to open projects and then crank through a series of actions on a single project.

Curt