View Single Post
In the Task Information Inspector I can enter data, but can't seem to do the same in the Task Dependencies Inspector. Am I doing something wrong?

My specific need is easy entry of dependencies. I was hoping that there would be the ability to pull down a list of all the tasks in the Inspector and select the relevant task/dependency.

My dependent task starts a week before the main task (main task is a meeting, dependency is preparation that starts one week before the meeting). So I have set up the dependent task as a SS-1w dependency. It appears in the Inspector as a Prerequisite. This is the outcome I want, but it's a lot of work to set it up.

I know about using the Connection button, dragging in the Gantt view and typing in the IDs/Codes in the Dependencies column, but none are perfect for what I'm trying to do. The Connection button always creates F->S, or always puts the dependency in the dependency column for the main task. The Gantt drag method is just too cumbersome when the tasks are more than a day or so apart to start with. Typing in the IDs/Codes in the Dependencies column is the best method, but with Grouped tasks the IDs become pretty messy (eg: 1.2.1.4SS-1w). As stated above I'd like to be able to use "pull downs" in the Inspector (or Dependencies column) to add/manipulate dependencies.

Any suggestions?