Thread: Clean Up
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
I have given up. I love OmniGroup, but they must have a mental block against this one.
I really hope not. It's incredible to me that a piece of software should require me to do its work for it - if I've told it I don't want to see completed tasks in a view, why do I have to instruct it again?

It's the same in inbox - I have options set to clean up inbox when an item has a project and a context, yet it doesn't happen.

This all just makes unnecessary extra work for people.

I understand some peoples desire to have completed items hang around, but there are two way to achieve that without forcing the rest of us to suffer the same: either create two perspectives, one showing completed and one not, and switch to the second one once you're happy you've not inadvertently checked something you shouldn't have, or better still, make the behaviour optional.

This may seem like a small issue, but it's interrupting my workflow to the extent that it's extremely uncomfortable to use the software while actually "doing", which surely defeats the object. If Word asked you to hit return twice at the end of every paragraph, just in case we didn't mean to, users would be up in arms.

I will send feedback, but really I consider this to be core functionality rather than a feature it'd be nice to have.

Note that the iPhone version works correctly - no manual cleanup step required there.

Mark