Thread: New perspective
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you've got a default context set for a project, it wouldn't surprise me to see that project show up at the bottom of the list for that context, even if there aren't any remaining actions for the project in that context.

With that background, does what you see make any more sense to you?
It makes more sense why it could be there. Meaning I understand how now there could be projects in my actions list. But I don't think it's producing the intended result in this case. Again, since I knew that this wasn't a 'done deal' of a feature, i thought I'd post to say 'hey, this is what it's doing...is Omni going to want to know about this or do they already know or am I misunderstanding this new feature?'

Here's one of the projects that's not behaving as I'd expect. I have a sequential project with six actions. I flagged the first three, thinking that I could crank through them today. I have been bouncing back and forth between remaining and available to see how I want this to work. All six actions are in the same context, which is also the default context for the project. Everything works as I expect on the desktop. Everything works as I expect on the iphone when I look at the project (whether with available or remaining showing).

When I look at the custom perspective on the iphone, with the iphone set to available for projects, I get the one available flagged action in the proper context, as well as the project title. When I right arrow, i see that same one available flagged action that I saw in the list prior to right arrowing.

When I change the setting on the iphone to remaining, I still get the one available action in the 'action list' of the custom perspective and I still get the project title in the list. The only difference is now when I right arrow, I see all the grayed out (because the project is sequential) actions as well.

If there are any actions that would be remaining after I complete the one available action, I can't see why it would belong in the action list. The way I understand the new, not yet ready, feature is that if it was THE last action. (Or maybe I'm not understanding the new feature...which is entirely possible.)