View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
The way I would do this is to write an applescript that creates a new project and all of its relevant actions. Invoke the applescript and the new project would instantly be created with all of its tasks.
You might want to check out curt.clifton's Populate Template Placeholders script, referenced here and here in threads discussing templates. I find the script to be very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemer
I would like to see aliases - this works in my other PIM seamlessly.
I spotted a reference to links in another thread, and this would work too, but I can't get it to work and the Help file doesn't explain
I agree that clones could be helpful. An ongoing discussion can be found here. Use Help > Send Feedback… if you'd like to add a vote to this feature request.

To link to a task, select the task, go to Edit > Copy As Link, then paste.
  • If you paste in the notes field of a task, it will paste as a link. Clicking the link will open a new OF window with the linked task selected.
  • If you paste in the name field of a task, it will paste as plain text. Select the text and use the contextual menu to convert it to a link, if preferred.
  • It seems to be supported to varying to degrees in other applications. Pasting into TextEdit displays the same behavior as pasting in the name field of a task. MS Word 2004 doesn't seem to support links, but I haven't experimented with it too much.