View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaparicio
I can imagine that implementing collaboration features, as described in this and other threads will create more work.

I just want to register my vote that I would pay extra for these features. Also, it's important to note that collaboration features are strongly correlated to "group licenses", bulk licenses, etc.
It is more work, sure, but SubEthaEdit is itself existence proof that the capabilities I'm looking for are a solved problem that just needs to be re-implemented properly.

Underneath the covers, an OmniOutliner document is primarily just an XML document, and XML is basically just text.

SubEthaEdit provides a way for collaborators to work on text documents and, in real time, see what changes the other collaborators are making. Not only that, but it uses color to highlight who wrote which sections, so that a glance you can see who contributed to the shared document.

All OmniFocus would have to do is take SubEthaEdit's collaboration ability as-is and apply it towards the XML file at the heart of an OmniOutliner document, and presto change-o, my wish list is up and running at a stroke.

It's a simple matter of programming! :-)