View Single Post
It has been interesting moving from a "what's hot on the docket" mode to GTD. In the end, I now think of law as not unlike any other service industry.

One observation that I would like your comments on: in the book, Allen relates how he believes the review process can be most important. In my experience as attorney, all I (and I suspect other attys) do is review the docket for land mines, but mainly in a reactionary mode. So, I guess I was already trained to review a list (read: docket) over and over, so that was not necessarily a new habit for me, though poorly executed.

OTOH, I seem to have derived the most benefit from the collection process, especially the Quick Entry and the Clip'o'Tron service for moving emails to OF's inbox. Previously, my papers were scattered all over my office, and I often lined things up on my floor in the order they were due. Once I got in the habit of immediately capturing emails and telcon commitments, processing (and ultimately doing) things were much easier once they resided in one place, OF.

Thoughts?