View Single Post
Hey .. this has worn me out as well the last couple days, but everything still is working for me after I did what I wrote in that first post. Near as I can tell, the iPhone DB syncs automatically to the iDisk just "every so often" or usually when I start up the program on the phone. The DB on the laptop however, seems to need to be synced manually (and I've added the "sync button" to teh toolbar to make that easier. BUT I am not sure about all this, cause I have played with it so much that I never give it time to act alone. All that is sure is that it is still syncing correctly, when before I did that copy/paste thing, nothing would sync...

Tonite I was planning on adding some test actions and contexts to my phone DB and also different ones to the laptop DB.... then do nothing else, no syncing anything manually before going to bed, but I'll leave the laptop DB launched. Then I'll see in the morning if everything synced both ways. I thought I read somewhere that the Desktop 1.1 DB would sync itself every 24 hours, if you did nothing.

Also, syncing DOES seems to occur from whichever direction the latest change was. And I've noticed one weird error on the laptop that says "database not readable"... but a second try always works. I am wondering if that was because I was syncing the desktop to the iDisk, when the iPhone was simultaneously syncing...

I hope that answers your questions. Feel free to hit me back if you need to.