View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I knew about global setting, and I still think I can demonstrate counter-intuitive and/or broken behavior.

Create a single task, set to be scheduled ALAP. Set an end constraint on it sometime in the future. Level. Where is the task scheduled? Change the project's scheduling direction. Level. Does the task move?

Create an ASAP plan with two identical tasks. Set both tasks to be scheduled ALAP. Assign both tasks to Resource 1. Level. You should get a violation about couldn't fit task during resource leveling. Why? It knows how to handle the same case with ASAP scheduling. Same error occurs if done with an ALAP plan and ASAP scheduling of the tasks. The violation window also reports "Task 1 has an end constraint date of " (but no date). Does that seem like the intended result to you? :-)
Hi there, I've just discovered this issue/occurrence as well, and am rather perplexed by it. But it seems that you understand it and/or why omni plan is doing it. I was wondering if you'd be able to elaborate a little more as to why omni plan causes this scheduling conflict? I'm just trying to wrap my brain around why it chooses to cause a violation of the tasks. I know this thread is a little old now, but if you're able to try and explain it any more, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks! (Or is this actually a bug?)