Thread: .Mac Sync
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoffel
- What happens if you mark a task completed on machine A, change it's context and recurrence fields on machine B, and delete it on machine C, what is the expected output when those machines all try to sync?

- If the machines you are using it on are each in different time zones from each other and from .Mac, how do you manage the date columns for tasks?

- Would you want all preferences also sync'ed, like perspectives, empty projects and contexts, View Bar settings, etc. Or just data? Or maybe a preference for what is kept in sync. Maybe folders, so you could have your work and home projects on your home machine, but just your work projects on your work machine. etc., etc.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head, but I'm sure Omni has a much more comprehensive list of hard questions regarding .Mac sync'ing.
Those questions are all easy compared to rearranging projects, actions and folders. I haven't done the math, but it seems likely that the problem is "NP Complete", which is a $5 computer science term for "not doable in any reasonable amount of time". It may be that approximately correct is as good as outline syncing can be.

Curt