View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry for the frustration here, UncleJr; we've been working on iCloud support continuously for over a year now, so we certainly understand where you're coming from.

Our CEO recently posted this article on our blog; it may be helpful in understanding the situation. For a third party perspective, Macworld magazine did a great article recently that I'd recommend checking out.

With respect to Dropbox, there are other risks to keep in mind, which is one of the reasons we're not currently working on that. Maybe in the future, though.
Yes, Omni knows better than you, the user. Trust them.

Only use MacOS and convince your organisation to ditch its entire infrastructure for MacOS, and all your clients too. Store all your data on Apple's servers and only buy your apps from the Mac App store because if you support iCloud that is the only place you are allowed to sell your app.

This is the world that is pro iCloud and anti Dropbox.

I love iCloud and the fact that my Keynote presentations are on all my devices, all the time. It's real handy for that. The minute that I step away from anything Apple though, it's all gone.

So make me dependent on iOS. That is what iCloud is all about. Gone are the days of having choice about where to buy products and where to store data. Gone are the days of evaluating risk, we have companies to do that for us now.

So thank you big brother.

From a long time Apple user (since My first Apple II) who has seen a huge shift away from user empowerment in the past 3 years.