View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiufy
I don't doubt that they want a kick ass update, what I doubt is their commitment to it.
It's very frustrating having to live with a self-imploding browser, while the company tinkers with all sorts of other applications. My guess is that they know they have a loyal following in their current customer base, and the app is "good enough" as it is, so instead of making improvements, they just let it be while they create other applications, so they can get more money from their captive user base...
Anyway, I've love to be proven wrong, and see Omni release at least the first sneaky peeks soon.
I'm just guessing here, but I think you're partially right and wrong. One thing to note is that Len Case seems to have had a child, and he was one of the main OW guys. His forum profile here is no longer one of an Omni employee. So I think they may be a man down right now.

I also think that the changes to Web Kit that they now have to deal with, may not be solid and they're somewhat waiting for a better version of WebKit to use before they redo a bunch of work. That said, I do know progress is still being made on 5.6.