View Single Post
I had to laugh at myself as I have been staying up until 2-3AM for the past few nights entering line after line (years worth) of tasks into OmniFocus and getting them all organized to my liking!

Seems like just yesterday that I had stumbled upon OmniOutliner and been led in the direction of Kinkless. I remember having the same excitement then as I do now about feeling very organized, and hopeful of reaching an even higher level of organization and productivity.

This has been a multi-year experience for me that started with the reading of David Allen's "Getting Things Done" recommended to me by my nearly 60 year old Mother of all people. I have since crossed computer platforms, cell phone platforms, gone from paper to paperless and back again, had two children, and spent quite a bit of money on dozens of pieces of software, books, audio books, and organizational tools. I have also become a regular reader of several productivity blogs and was lucky enough to have been turned onto 43 folders and Merlin Mann's ideas for the whole time.

It has been sort of a search for the Holy Grail of productivity...always in sight, yet just out of reach. Looking back I wonder how I functioned without all of the knowledge and processes that I am now so familiar with, while at the same time realizing that I have not even gotten close to a consistent black belt level of productivity.

Perhaps some of you have been down this same road. Seems like I am always looking for that next book, the better piece of software, etc, etc. All I really need to do now is buckle down to some serious consistency with a thorough weekly review and I think I am there. It is time to stop searching and time to start doing. I am sticking with OmniFocus and going to commit to kicking some serious GTD ass starting right now. Are you with me or against me!?

Thanks Omni Group for all your hard work, and thanks also to all of you users that have been working through the various issues and shaping this program during the Alpha. I just love the way software development has gotten so user friendly these days. I look forward to seeing this program grow while I use it to organize my life and take things to the next level.