View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne4 View Post
However, I cannot rest until i'm happy with the functionality of the planning mode. Many things either don't make sense or are illogical.

Whenever I make a posting pointing out some difficulties in the planning view then I normally get "told off" and told that i'm using the program wrongly and to work in the "context mode".
I may make a longer response later on today, but I want to respond to this bit now.

I once thought that planning/project mode was the way to work, too, and had a number of discussions by email with various Omni support staff and developers. Bottom line is this: if you insist on working only in planning mode, you are not using the program as intended, and you probably won't be as happy with the results. The planning/context dichotomy is pretty central to the whole concept.

I don't have any objection to Omni improving planning mode, but I don't think the arguments you've made so far regarding your desire to avoid context mode are likely to spur them into action on that front if the program works well in their intended fashion and they have a long list of other features for which people are clamoring.