View Single Post
What are Effort Conversion Factors and why do I need them? This is inducing quite a lot of head scratching, and my scalp is suffering!

This is under Inspector, Project, Formatting. The left side is "Durations Display" and the right side is "Effort Conversion Factors."

I know that the "Effort Conversion Factors don't actually change the working hours for the project, just the way durations are displayed"--according to the manual, but it seems I'm obliged to do something here.

If I uncheck all the boxes on the left, my Effort and Duration columns in the task view go blank and I don't get to see that data anymore. So I guess I have to check some of the boxes on the left.

How, then, are the figures on the right--the "Effort Conversion Factors" going to affect how durations and effort are displayed? And where? I have non-standard work week days--some are longer than others--and this menu doesn't seem to allow that granularity.

I admit I'm a newbie at OmniPlan, but I am totally stumped by this menu--what it does, what it can do for me, why I have to set it up, how setting it up might screw up display data.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.