View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you can't afford to recover from a mistaken choice, isn't that more reason to be careful about your choice before spending the money?
I already wrote why I made that decision and why (at that time) the desicion wasn't wrong. I still like the iPhone platform and am not considering it a mistaken choice, but in the 2 years I've been using it, I have startet to see it more critical. That's all. And I applaud the alternatives becoming stronger in the past few months.

Quote:
No. The result remains that Apple has yet to provide you any convenient user interface to choose the color used for a subscribed calendar (the colors for MobileMe calendars are synced by MobileMe). I told you how you can do it with some inconvenience. No one says they forgot to do it, though not being part of the group that worked on the calendar, I can't say for sure. It may well have been judged less important than some other feature that they did deliver. Most features on the iPhone that are similar to features on the Mac have fewer options and capabilities. It is a less powerful device, with a smaller user interface, and it hasn't been around as long.
Agreed.
Quote:
That has been added in iOS 4.
Which is great.

And the last bit is true as well. It's always a compromise between available resources and feature priorities. Sure. But I also stick to my point that many of Apples moves lately give me a strange feeling.

And as I wrote: I still like my good old 3G and it's for products like OF that I'm not moving (yet).