View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
I agree this is great, and it cool someone took the time to do it. What I would love, since I don't have an iphone, is for some brainy soul to do what needs to be done to get this thing working over https, so it's a bit more secure to check it remotely over wifi from my laptop or ipaq.

I also wish the pages rendered correctly in firefox, but I could live with the present rendering behavior if I could connect securely to the lists.

Being able to direct new tasks to a context when you enter them would also be cool. But isn't essential.
I'm not enough of a browser scripting guy to know how to get stuff rendering correctly in Firefox, but the rest of that is something I would like to see working as well, so it will probably happen sooner rather than later.

As a default implementation, my thinking was that if you're looking at a context, and hit Add, the item that you add should go to that context, not to the Inbox. Does anyone see a reason that wouldn't work? I'll have to figure out how to do that from the AppScript side, but I'd be surprised if it isn't just that easy.

As far as HTTPS goes, not something I've done with WEBrick since it's not usually used in production, but that is definitely something I've setup before with Apache and mongrel. Since MacOS comes with Apache and mongrel is just a rubygem away it's quite possible to take that approach, but I also see that WEBrick has some SSL configuration options, so I'll take a stab at enabling it there first. KISS.

James