Thread: pretty printing
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by baarlaar View Post
I cannot really control the width of the columns. If i do then the letters are becoming bigger to a point it really looks ridiculous. So the ability to control the columwidth is actually want i miss.
The name column will resize to fit the width of the page (within the margins); all other columns should remain exactly the size you specify. (You can define a custom paper size and assign margins in Page Setup.)

The size of the text is controlled by the Scale setting in Page Setup: if it's too big, try reducing the scale to 80% or lower. (Note that this will reduce the size of the fixed columns: they will always fit exactly the same amount of text on paper as they do in your window.)

Once you get everything tuned exactly the way you want it (with the right column sizes, page size and margins, text size, etc.), you can save everything into a new perspective by selecting "Save Window as New Perspective" from the Perspectives menu. You can then return to that perspective at any time in the future to print it. (Or, if you have your Perspectives window visible, you can click on the perspective you want and hit the Quick Print button in the toolbar at the bottom to print it without displaying it first.)

Hope this helps!