View Single Post
I've recently set up a few daily routines in the form of repeating projects. Since the tasks are always the same, I put a Start and Due date/time and Duration on the project and made it repeat daily. Repeat from assigned date, of course. I checked "Mark complete when completing last item." I want to finish the actions in my routine, have the project go away, and have an identical list pop up the next day.

It's worked well, EXCEPT for that I keep getting weird duplicate projects, and the auto-completed project will consistently become active again later in the day (showing red/overdue), even though every task in it has been checked off.

The tasks within these projects all get a start and due date identical to the parent project, and an individual task duration. But absolutely none of the individual tasks are repeated (seems like an obvious culprit so I've triple-checked this).

I haven't completely nailed down the pattern; I'm not sure exactly when these completed projects come back to life. I do know that I complete my morning routine (and watch the project get auto-completed), but when I go back after lunch it's been uncompleted and is now showing red, possibly with an inappropriate duplicate project in addition to the grey one waiting for the next day.

I sync with my iPhone several times per day, if that could be a contributor.

Am I overlooking anything obvious here? Should I never give tasks due dates when they're in a repeating project? Having those blank can make things a little of confusing on the context screen.

Any help is appreciated. I just want to get my system streamlined. Let me know if I could clarify anything that might help.