View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
No, my Internet connection is up. I have more than one device accessing it. Seriously, if I wake my laptop, go through the screen saver, by the time I can get OmniFocus displayed on the screen, it has already failed. The time is less than 10 seconds. No other applications on my machine that I've observed give up and go into a "failed" state this quickly.
I'm trying to go through the range of possible failures, and how they might be handled. They don't all necessarily apply to CatOne.

Quote:
They don't sync my OmniFocus database, but the Things "cloud" sync and The Hit Lists's sync both have no problems with network wake state, under the exact same state of conditions.
I'll try to be more clear next time; I was referring to your gripe about the updating with synced data dialog on the iOS apps.

Quote:
Sure, but this largely semantics. Saying "I understand" and then having engineering de-prioritize the issue so it's not fixed in 3+ years is poor support (not on the part of the support staff, but really on the part of the company to "support" its products by fixing frustrating bugs).
So, do you have some evidence that the support folks are "having engineering de-prioritize the issue"? It's hard to fathom why the support group would encourage not fixing this unless they thought they could get rid of more customer issues by fixing other bugs. It's not like their jobs will be redundant once they don't have to field your bug reports on this particular issue :-)
Quote:
Any workarounds to change sync times stink, unless I want to change the interval from 60 minutes to 1 minute to address this (which would cause unnecessary server load… if every customer of the Omni Sync Server did this, it would be a nice DDos and probably require them to build out 20 times the current server infrastructure.
More likely that they'd address the bug, don't you think? In any case, it's pretty darn unlikely that many people are going to fire up the Terminal to change their Mac OmniFocus behavior. Posting a "me too" complaint on the forum is pretty easy, and yet I don't even see much of that.

Frankly, I'm surprised the bug wasn't addressed years ago as a matter of pride of workmanship, even if the only ticket came from an Omni employee. Would you want to have your name on a piece of software that misbehaved in such an obvious fashion, even if the customers weren't complaining in large numbers?