View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
The cloud sync of Calendar, Address Book, etc. has always worked really well for me, but anything related to iDisk seems to struggle at times. Not sure why, and definitely not limited to OmniFocus.
FWIW, I've been syncing OmniFocus to MobileMe iDisk for years (since it first became available) and it's been very reliable for me. Although, I suppose our MobileMe accounts are likely on different servers, perhaps in different geographic locations, and we probably connect through different routes on the Internet. There are a lot of opportunities for different experiences there. :-)

I don't think there's anything special about iDisk's WebDAV implementation though — for better or worse. I would guess Apple's probably using Apache on a flavor of Unix, possibly even Mac OS X. Omni is probably doing something similar for their sync server.

When I first wake my MacBook from sleep, I've seen my first OmniFocus sync fail. I've always assumed it to be some kind of race condition in re-establishing my network connection (OF tries to sync before the connection is back up). Manually initiating a sync right afterwards always seems to work, so I don't think this issue is the fault of MobileMe.

Is this what you've seen, or do you see failures at other times as well?

-Dennis