View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Actually, the users who know where to go to ask know to send email to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com (or use Help->Send Feedback), not post on the forum!
Actually, no. Feedback and emails to Omni are primarily a one-way process. If you take the time to study this thread you will realize that the cloning discussion is way more than simply "whah, I want another bell/whistle" and that the requests have been well communicated to Omni at v1 and ever since, and that Omni to its credit has at least responded.

Cloning is a core function of the best outliners that so far Omni has intentionally chosen not to provide, despite feedback ever since v1 (at v1 we were told "soon..."). Users' time is not free, so lecturing on using additional comms methods to advise Omni of something that has been discussed for years is not particularly appropriate in this particular instance.

Users loss and Omni's loss. I let my old MORE-capable hardware go away because I assumed (we all know what that means) that of course v1 OO would evolve and include such an exponentially-useful capability, so why not shift to a modern outliner? Huge mistake.

-Allen

Last edited by Allen Wicks; 2012-11-08 at 09:59 AM..