View Single Post
Thank you Omni Group for OmniFocus 1.10.1! I have been waiting for the iPad update that corresponds to this update for a few weeks (since seeing the sneaky peek http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...oad/sneakypeek) and it is out today! It looks like 1.14 has yet to make it to the store for iPhone as of right now.

This is a huge step forward and allows me to retire a few scripts I have been using as work arounds. I recently bought OmniFocus for a colleague and he just started using it this week. So glad to see this update and had to come back and find my first post ever on these forums.

It was interesting to read all the many posts of despair since I last posted. I just spent an hour reading them to see if anyone came up with a good solution to the repeat on every third Saturday of the month. I like the iCal script idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffAirey View Post
I have several projects and tasks which I do two or three times a week, this leads to that number of identical copies which, when these require amendment, I have to amend the two or three copies individually.
It is really hard for me to find too many things that have really plagued me like the repeat feature. My workflow/workaround has been that I have a project for all my monthly actions that happen on a certain day and repeat them monthly. I put all of these in the same project (less then ideal) to make them easy to find and group. Then go through at the start of each month and move them to the right day. That way when they change I don't have to update a bunch of duplicates that I did at the start of the year when something is updated as GeoffAirey pointed out. This is similar to what whpalmer4's suggested in post 26.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
For the "day after Thanksgiving" task, put in a task every Nov. 1 to fix the start date for your "day after Thanksgiving" project for that year. Let the program help you help it do the things it can't do yet!
I am so glad to retire my scripts for weekday actions, that forward start and due dates by 2 days and that I don't have to be slowed down by reading them on Saturdays anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If it is important to me and there's a workaround, I can do it, with some inconvenience. If it is important to me and there isn't a workaround, I'm stuck. I'd rather be inconvenienced than stuck :-)
I agree, and between whpalmer4, Rob Trew and Curt Clifton they have helped solve 90+% of my OmniFocus problems. Whpalmer4’s scripting helped solve most of my biggest frustrations of working with repeating actions in other threads. Thank you Bill you're amazing!!!

I feel blessed that for my needs I don’t feel "stuck" on anything that readily comes to mind. There are many things that could be faster, but it is really about speed. This update is a greatly appreciated step in that direction.

http://www.macstories.net/stories/in...oups-ken-case/

"Don: Are there any plans to update OmniFocus for Mac this year?

Ken: Absolutely. There’s an update planned for this quarter for OmniFocus – not OmniFocus 2 to be clear, but we think a lot of customers will be really happy in what’s coming up in this release.

Don: You mentioned on your blog about possibly doing a bit of a visual upgrade to OmniFocus and pull over some of the features of the iPad app.

Ken: That’s not this quarter’s release either, but it’s work that’s in progress. This quarter’s release we thought we’d hop on a feature that is requested a lot and doesn’t require big changes to the user interface, rather than having people wait indefinitely for a feature they’ve been wanting a lot.
"

Thanks Ken for not holding this back until OmniFocus 2!! This seemed to be the biggest complaints people had with low star reviews on the App Store. I wish I could post there my appreciation and rave review but I didn't buy my copy through the app store (let more income go to Omni Group!)

Last edited by skillet; 2012-03-16 at 09:02 PM..