View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Yes, under the "Data" tab in the preferences.

Note that this won't change the due date on existing actions, of course.
"Of course" is in the eye of the beholder.

Last evening, as I was reviewing OmniFocus 1.1SP preferences, I noticed "Default Time for Due Dates," which I know has been there for quite some time. I realized I'd like to try using 3:00 PM as my default time instead of 5:00 PM.

5:00 PM just rolled around, and Growl popped up warnings of two overdue tasks. At that moment, I realized my new Default Time applies only to new actions. All of my existing actions have a hardwired "5:00 PM" due time. Grumble. I'm not about to manually change all of those times to 3:00 PM, especially since I may discover 3:30 or 4:00 PM works better.

I'd much prefer "Default Time for Due Dates" to be saved as a global value, to be used whenever OmniFocus needs that time for whatever reason (e.g., display, Growl warnings). When I specify a due date without providing an explicit time, OmniFocus records the time as "default (to be evaluated dynamically)."

If some users may prefer the current behavior, a "Dynamic / Hardwired" option could accompany Default Time for Due Dates.

[submitted as formal feedback]