View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansays View Post
I'm sorry to see the web interface go, but I understand why it had to be done.
Why? Because some people have trouble with it, take it away completely? I disagree. Why penalize me just because some people can't find the DMZ button on their router? At least leave it with a huge caveat: FOR ADVANCED USERS. I never had any trouble with it.

Quote:
In the mean time, I have a suggestion that could be relatively simple matter to implement.

Have you considered exporting read-only lists as Data URL bookmarks? Here's an example. Right-click this link and bookmark it in Safari: Errands. IMPORTANT: the vBulletin forum markup insists on prepending the url with "http://". Go in and edit that out of the link.
And how do I mark that completed? How do I add a new task while on the road? The OF web integration was actually very cool. And now, just because a few people were confused, OF has taken it.

Quote:
It's a trade-off, fast read-only offline lists vs. slow online interactive, but it's one I'd be comfortable with. This could all be a moot point, of course, depending on what may or may not be announced next week, or how much of Leopard's to-do functionality will be sync-able to the iPhone. I just need some offically supported way of taking my lists with me on the road. Without them, I'm lost.
I would not count on Apple adding To-dos to the iphone just because they get Leopard out the door. The fact is, there is no good way to sync OmniFocus with an iPhone and now it looks really like there never will be. I'm very pessimistic now. I'll give it another 3 months and see if either OF or Apple decides to do the right thing by iPhone users, and if not, bye bye iPhone.