View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
I never say yes the first time. I just tell them "I can't discuss it right now without checking my schedule. No, no, I insist. I have to check my schedule. I will get back to you later on today."

Say no. They'll get over it.
The point Marisa is making here is: Omnifocus should not add to friction but remove it. Your mileage (as well as your customer service) might vary, wilsonng, but that wasn't the point- I totally agree that it is cumbersome (to say the least) to check OF and then check a calendar, this is not in the least a "productive" way to deal with the problem.

The decision of Omni NOT to integrate a full calendar has certain reasons- but luckily there are some workarounds intended to make OF flexible enough to serve those of us that love to have it all in one place:

- for this to work You'd need to sync OF with a webdav or omnisync- at least that's what worked for me flawlessly

- in settings/ sync /advanced or /omnisync you can now choose to "publish due reminders as a calendar" - at the position of Your calendar now resides a .ics file which You can subscribe to in iCal

This way everything that has a due setting automatically is also displayed in the calendar! The only downside currently is that the estimated time is not reflected in the length of the event published in iCal- with that in mind you're good to go!

Hope that helps,

cheers, mat